Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equipment input/output : Bahiyya
Information 
FROM MY CHARACTER SHEET
  • Arrows, standard, 63
    Quiver, arrows standard, 20
    Shortbow +1 (composite, +1 Str)

= store these three in my room, unless a party member needs them. Does Wolf need arrows? He can have some.

Kukri = store in my room, unless a party member needs it

Potion of Shield of Faith +2 = give to party member -- Symon? Wolf? -- or donate to a worthy charitable cause or something

PARTY TREASURY/VAULT SUGGESTIONS FROM BAHIYYA

A thought re: armor and weapons: I think Thorfinn had mused aloud at one point about having a weapon(s) and/or armor(s) to pass on to Aurora and begin her training. So I'm in favor of him taking some of these items from our vault if he finds them appropriate for his daughter.

All/most gems: Keep. They're a good, handy, lightweight way of storing and carrying wealth.

Fire opal pendant on fine gold chain: Keep, or we could make a gift of this to the Shandeerin court.

Golden circlet with four aquamarines: Keep. If it's something that looks more like a woman's circlet, maybe Bahiyya can borrow it to wear at court.

Greataxe + 1: sell, unless someone needs it.

Large wool tapestry: Let's keep this for our house! At first I thought it'd make a nifty gift for the Elven court, until I tried to visualize the huffing, puffing, and general gracelessness that would ensue as the party lugged the thing into court. Awkward. Besides, it will look nice in our dining room or common room.

Longsword +4 (glows): A fine gift for the Shandeerin royals no doubt, but it's worth 32,315 gp, so I say we keep it and sell it for ourselves, or else let a party member use it -- maybe Wolf could use this?

Potions: Whatever we aren't carrying on our persons, we can store in the house.

Retributive amulet: This thing is awesome. Somebody use it! Not me though; I plundered enough of our loot last session.

Ring of Communication: We need to grow a pair. No, seriously -- this thing is awesome IF we can find its mate.

Rings of Counterspells, Major Electric Resistance, Protection +2, and Water Walking: These are some mighty fine rings, y'all. Use them. (Bahiyya already has 3 rings, so doesn't need any more.) (Would be kind of awesome if my 3 rings were the three rings for the Elf-Lords under the sky. Oh well.)

Scrolls: Whatever we aren't carrying on our persons, we can store in the house.

Shield, heavy steel +1 variable: This is a cool item. I say we keep it (for our use or sale).

Silver chalice (2) with lapis lazuli: Keep them for our dining room!

Silver-plated steel longsword with jet jewel in hilt: Sell it, or hang it as a memento over our fireplace, gift it ... whatever.

Studded leather +5 (improved balance): Use it, or sell it.

Sword, bastard +2 (goblinoid bane): Bahiyya thinks it would make a fine gift for the Shandeerin court. Bahiyya's player thinks its 18,335 gp would make a fine gift for the party's coffers.

Sword, short +1: sell this, unless somebody is actively using it.

Wand of Lessor Vigor: I assume Kearse or Symon wields this.

BAHIYYA'S NEEDS BEFORE SETTING OUT FOR SHANDEER
  • a nice box/chest for gifts -- make sure to include some nice silk and maybe a little pillow, for elegant presentation
  • new clothes, shoes, silk headscarves, etc. (PHB lists "Noble's Outfit" as 75gp, let's go with that, or 100gp+ as I'm asking for a rush job, alterations, and/or unusual designs)
  • almond oil or olive oil
  • attar of roses
  • maybe some unique local fruits or trinkets

In addition, she will brush up on royal/court etiquette, correct Ye Olde High Elvish forms of address, and so on. This can be done mentally, or with help from the House's library.

A final thought: Bahiyya surely has some insight into what kinds of gifts are suitable to present to a Shandeerin Elvish court. If the DM puts any of these insights into Bahiyya's player's scope, she will have Bahiyya choose gifts accordingly.  Wink