Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homework - Southold Cargo Lots
Well let's be fair, not everything that needs/desires to be shipped is going to be pricey. Not that I'm of the mind that we should take it.

I too agree with Kearse's selections. Although we could pass on Lot 1 on the chance that we might have the option for something that is a much higher profit tomorrow. One thing to keep in mind is that we do have limited space and if we fill up too quickly we could miss out on something better. It's a gamble to be sure.

Not that I'm pushing for that. Personally Symon is happy with our selections thus far.

FYI I may not be able to post for tomorrows decisions. Long work day, may not be home early enough.
(12-04-2018, 09:06 PM)frenzied67 Wrote: "Although I confess to some curiosity about Lot 7. Why's the d/tun so low? Is this the giant box of bobble-head toys??"

Yes what is up with Lot #7?  Is it a load of warped arrows for the cross eyed archers of Dundia?  Rubber bladed weapons for a troupe of historical recreationists?  Air balloons for the merpeople?

Turnips... Lots and lots of turnips.
(12-04-2018, 09:17 PM)rimmermac Wrote: Well let's be fair, not everything that needs/desires to be shipped is going to be pricey.  Not that I'm of the mind that we should take it.  

I too agree with Kearse's selections.  Although we could pass on Lot 1 on the chance that we might have the option for something that is a much higher profit tomorrow.  One thing to keep in mind is that we do have limited space and if we fill up too quickly we could miss out on something better.  It's a gamble to be sure.

Not that I'm pushing for that.  Personally Symon is happy with our selections thus far.

FYI I may not be able to post for tomorrows decisions.  Long work day, may not be home early enough.

I just have to point out to you that we could have been buying every available lot that has come our way, and we still would not fill the hold by the time we set sail.  I think the plan is to have free cargo space to either entice another merchant at another port or for us to fill when we come to a different port.  Of course we will be selling some of our lots at the ports we visit too.  One of the key things about our trip is that we will be the only ship braving the northern sea lanes.  Our cargo, no matter what it is, is going to be in demand... I hope.  LOL

"Turnips... lots and lots of turnips."

If that indeed is our cargo in Lot #7 then the rats will be displaced by gnomes. I hope we have gnome traps in one of our lots, otherwise they'll eat Lot #7 and we will have to pimp Thorfinn out to the dock hands to make up the loss.
Day 4
Lot #1 = 6tuns @ 160d/tun (cost 9pp, 6gp) - Purchased
Lot #3 = 6tuns @ 180d/tun (cost 10pp, 8gp) - Purchased
Lot #4 = 5tuns @ 250d/tun (cost 12pp, 5gp) - Purchased
Lot #5 = 10tuns @ 300d/tun (cost 30pp) - Purchased
Lot #6 = 21tuns @ 180d/tun (cost 37pp, 8gp) - Purchased

(48 tuns): Available Party Burthen: 449.625tuns

(Day 2)
Lot #1 = 18tuns @ 120d/tun (Sold to another vessel)

(Day 3)
Lot #4 = 10tuns @ 130d/tun (Sold to another vessel)

(Day 4)
Lot #2 = 14tuns @ 130d/tun (cost 18pp, 2gp)
Lot #7 = 24tuns @ 40d/tun (Sold to another vessel) - Yup, someone bought the turnips...

Day 5
Lot #1 = 8tuns @ 150d/tun (cost 12pp)
Lot #2 = 23tuns @ 120d/tun (cost 27pp, 6gp)
Lot #3 = 12tuns @ 140d/tun (cost 16pp, 8gp)
Lot #4 = 13tuns @ 100d/tun (cost 13pp)
Lot #5 = 25tuns @ 120d/tun (cost 30pp)
Lot #6 = 4tuns @ 250d/tun (cost 10pp)

The deadline for this list is 12/5/2018 @9pm. Yes, there will be experience points awarded for participation [Image: wink.png]
Quote:Day 5
Lot #1 = 8tuns @ 150d/tun (cost 12pp)
Lot #2 = 23tuns @ 120d/tun (cost 27pp, 6gp)
Lot #4 = 13tuns @ 100d/tun (cost 13pp)
Lot #6 = 4tuns @ 250d/tun (cost 10pp)

Continuing to follow Lyrlord's advice, I suggest the purchase of:

Lot #1
Lot #6

I am open to the purchase of others also, if my comrades have additional input and ideas.
Okay, I am not going more insaner than I already is.  The reason why I did not post late last night (or early this morning) was because I only saw those two lots as viable according to Lyrlord Skinyeard.  Lot #1 and Lot #6 are the only two lots that fit the criteria.  I say we buy these two lots, but we should ask Captain Bartholomew how full he likes his ships hold before he thinks it's profitable to sail.  If we have to we will stay a few more days to buy more lots, or we can relax our criteria and start buying lesser lots during the next few days.  

Hey folks, our ship will be the only ship bringing goods from the north lands when the Acacia comes back!

Hey folks, unless the Acacia waits for us in port while we beard a wyrde, the ship will sail home without us.

Quote:I say we buy these two lots, but we should ask Captain Bartholomew how full he likes his ships hold before he thinks it's profitable to sail. If we have to we will stay a few more days to buy more lots, or we can relax our criteria and start buying lesser lots during the next few days.

Okay. Agreed. Of course, Lyrlord needs space as well; I assume that's already been accounted for? If not, let us know.

{clears throat and approaches the captain timidly} "Say ... Captain Bartholomew? Kearse and I have a question for you. We and our companions have been diligently buying trade goods to fill the hold. Should we continue doing so? We appear to have plenty of tunnage left, but I am no seafarer nor merchant. We want to ensure we have plenty of goods for sale so that you and the ship make a good profit, but not at the expense of practicality or safety. How full would you usually pack, for this type of a journey? And in this case, we are going north when no one else is, and there is a war besides. If you have suggestions or recommendations, we are keen to hear them."
(Bahiyya)
Day 5
Lot #1 = 8tuns @ 150d/tun (cost 12pp) - Purchased
Lot #6 = 4tuns @ 250d/tun (cost 10pp) - Purchased

(12 tuns) Available Party Burthen: 437.625tuns

As of the sixth day the following lots are available to purchase:

(Day 4)
Lot #2 = 14tuns @ 130d/tun (cost 18pp, 2gp)

Lot #7 = 24tuns @ 40d/tun (cost 9pp, 6gp) (Sold to another vessel)

(Day 5)
Lot #2 = 23tuns @ 120d/tun (cost 27pp, 6gp) (Sold to another vessel)
Lot #4 = 13tuns @ 100d/tun (cost 13pp) (Sold to another vessel)

Day 6
Lot #1 = 5tuns @ 230d/tun (cost 11pp, 5gp)
Lot #2 = 25tuns @ 90d/tun (cost 22pp, 5gp)
Lot #3 = 1tun @ 600d/tun (cost 6pp)
Lot #4 = 19tuns @ 90d/tun (cost 17pp, 1gp)

The deadline for this list is 12/6/2018 @9pm. Yes, there will be experience points awarded for participation [Image: wink.png]
On day six I see only two viable lots, and I bet everyone else sees them too. Only six tunnes combined weight. It may be too late, but maybe we should have spied upon Lyrlord to see what lots he was buying. He may have fed us bogus tips in order to ruin his competition, which is what we became when we agreed to venture away from adventure. one and three. Forty five million tunnes of storage left.
I'm fine with Lots 1 and 3.

I thought we'd done Sense-Motive type checks on Lyrlord (and other other merchants) during our previous outing? I don't recall being told that Lyrlord seemed sketchy or anything. I also didn't think that we're in direct competition with Lyrlord, economics-wise. Are we? He trades in certain rare odd things, and maps and the like, and has his own thing going on. I was under the impression that the party and Lyrlord are buying/selling/trading in different markets and with different goods. DM, are you able to say if this is correct or not?