Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions About Erath's Current Events
I have a question about Warlocks in Erath. I know some of the Archfey that populates Erath, and Demon Lords and Devilish Nobility beyond the thin veils, but I was wondering what sort of Great Old Ones lie buried or are nipping at the screaming edges of sanity? I'm dabbling with a character concept here and he wants to make a pact, and a lesser evil will not do. LOL. Is there something dark and ageless sleeping away eternity waiting for the stars to align? Something that a mortal can limpet onto thinking they're getting away with something?
Shieldmeet, the games of Tazen, as I understand it there are a number of tournaments of a martial nature.  I was also wondering if there were athletic competitions, since Tazen is oriented towards athletes as well as soldiers and warriors?  Will there be high jumps, long jumps, rope and wall climbing, foot races, horse races, etc?

By the way, Enkili will have to enter every contest under the name Dumuzid of the Whispering Waste, so that any fame garnered does not reach his family. Only The High Harbhamit and his uncle, General Mardus, know that he is on a secret mission, the rest of the family still think Enkili is a run away who needs expunged from the historical record.

A 17' running long jump, touch a wall at nearly 15' height on a running high jump (only 12' from a standing start), plus a 30' climbing speed should help in any non combat contest. For my fellow players, the rules for special movement start on page 167 of the Player's Handbook, the jumping rules on page 168. See just how amazing your characters are, calculate your abilities out, enter a contest, win cash prizes honoring Tazen!
Shieldmeet is a 7-day festival of Tazen and Melwen (War and Peace) that is held from the second Firesday of Taznos until the following Midweek. Unlike the Grand Tourney (which is a local affair), representatives from participating nations attend and compete in a host nation which changes yearly. In addition to the tourney events and competitions, treaties and tributes are renewed at Shieldmeet, as well as trade and entertainment.

Here is a basic list of martial and open events:
  • Jousting and mounted combat
  • Melee on foot (single and group combat)
  • Archery (mounted and foot)
  • Wrestling
  • Stone toss
  • Foot race
  • Horsemanship.
More to come during game...
(10-28-2020, 01:26 AM)frenzied67 Wrote: I have a question about Warlocks in Erath.  I know some of the Archfey that populates Erath, and Demon Lords and Devilish Nobility beyond the thin veils, but I was wondering what sort of Great Old Ones lie buried or are nipping at the screaming edges of sanity?  I'm dabbling with a character concept here and he wants to make a pact, and a lesser evil will not do.  LOL.  Is there something dark and ageless sleeping away eternity waiting for the stars to align?  Something that a mortal can limpet onto thinking they're getting away with something?

Oh, yes.... yes, there is...