Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things to do and Discuss in The Freehold
We could pose as possible buyers sent by Buskar the Rat to Gaervin Plithy, the dock official.  Enkili hopes that Leiya's mind reading spell/ability will pick up the man's thoughts as he is being questioned, but he does not know the drawbacks/dangers of using Detect Thoughts.  Also, before the questioning Enkili would like to study Gaervin and anyone with him for a few days, sizing them up with his Know Your Enemy ability, learning their Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, AC, Hit Points, total class levels, and number of fighter levels as compared to his.  That will take a total of seven minutes of study on each person involved.  As a matter of reflex, Enkili will also do the same with Lord Bercel and everyone else they may meet.  Enkili is also into going to this Black Lighthouse of Jolrael's.  If the warehouse proves too expensive to acquire, there is also the Inn where everyone had been slaughtered to frame us.  The property value is sure to be... low because of that.

We should invest in some disguise kits and begin a wardrobe.  Enkili does not want to survail Gaervin looking like himself.  We know the Chained Wings has spread our likenesses around and have placed orders to take us out.  Does anyone have illusion magic? 

Since Enkili can't disguise his Mandagan heritage he will play with it.  As part of his disguises he will utilize a shemagh (Arabic head covering), turban 1 (middle eastern), and turban 2 (Hindu style). Of course will need Blaylocke's assistance in creating the other portions of the disguise to alter his features. Disguise kits cost 25 gp.
Sounds good so far!

I believe Riardon has some illusionary magics, and Blaylocke has disguise abilities. Between the two, we should be able to tackle any disguising needed.

I would like to get Hubert securely set up for his new Underground Railroad operation. Leiya will want to talk with him and confirm that he understands and accepts the dangers inherent in this role.

Leiya feels wary about trying to seek further aid from the local Melwenite people, given the usurpation we encountered during our first visit. She will want to talk with the local Tazenite folks, as they had offered their aid when we were there the first time. The Tazenites may have updates and useful info.

Leiya can use the Message spell (or is it Sending? whatever...) if needed, to contact distant allies such as Wellbourne, Jolrael's guild/that farm, Riardon's guild, or so on.

I'm interested in Lord Bercel's offer for the job in Bhell, but am not sure I/the party are ready yet.

I/Leiya are willing to go to Jolrael's lighthouse, as we are in the area anyway. Also, it would be nice to try to learn more about what Jolrael's new tattoo is about.

Leiya is willing to help Enkili scout information at the docks (or wherever), if it leads to rescuing Miri and other captured slaves. It would be wise to have her disguised or even out of sight while doing so.

In our prior Freehold thread, I advocated taking the fight to the Chained Wings and causing them damage wherever and however possible. I still feel that way.

Also, what about that wizard creature who helped us during our prior visit here? I forget its name. I'll check the notes but if we weren't told NOT to visit again, maybe we could try going there. Or, Leiya could try a Sending spell "phone call" first to see if it's okay to visit.
(03-18-2023, 12:32 PM)Xura Wrote: Sounds good so far!

I believe Riardon has some illusionary magics, and Blaylocke has disguise abilities. Between the two, we should be able to tackle any disguising needed.

I would like to get Hubert securely set up for his new Underground Railroad operation. Leiya will want to talk with him and confirm that he understands and accepts the dangers inherent in this role.

Leiya feels wary about trying to seek further aid from the local Melwenite people, given the usurpation we encountered during our first visit. She will want to talk with the local Tazenite folks, as they had offered their aid when we were there the first time. The Tazenites may have updates and useful info.

Leiya can use the Message spell (or is it Sending? whatever...) if needed, to contact distant allies such as Wellbourne, Jolrael's guild/that farm, Riardon's guild, or so on.

I'm interested in Lord Bercel's offer for the job in Bhell, but am not sure I/the party are ready yet.

I/Leiya are willing to go to Jolrael's lighthouse, as we are in the area anyway. Also, it would be nice to try to learn more about what Jolrael's new tattoo is about.

Leiya is willing to help Enkili scout information at the docks (or wherever), if it leads to rescuing Miri and other captured slaves. It would be wise to have her disguised or even out of sight while doing so.

In our prior Freehold thread, I advocated taking the fight to the Chained Wings and causing them damage wherever and however possible. I still feel that way.

Also, what about that wizard creature who helped us during our prior visit here? I forget its name. I'll check the notes but if we weren't told NOT to visit again, maybe we could try going there. Or, Leiya could try a Sending spell "phone call" first to see if it's okay to visit.

Yes, it was the Svirfneblin named Lukoff who was our benefactor last time.  He seems interested in cleaning The Freehold of corruption (working from the shadows, I think), however he was a cantankerous cuss and may not be interested in fighting the slavers.  We could ask, though.  War against the slavers sounds like a career and pasttime to Enkili/Dumuzid. We should recommend Hubert find associates who are trained in adventuring craft (rogues, wizards, clerics, etc) to help him in his "business" and to eventually spread the network and recruit further help.
Yes! Luckoff, that's the one. He's not *friendly* per se, but he did help us clear our names and he's no fan of the Chained Wings. I was thinking we could at least reach out; explain that we're back in the area and what we're attempting to do; and see if he has any advice, warnings, or ideas. He's no slouch and he knows a lot, so his input would be valuable if he's willing to give it.

Agreed that Hubert will need to network well and wisely. I'm hoping that we, Luckoff, the Tazenites, remnants of Riardon's guild, etc., may like the idea of Hubert's waystation, and be able to help keep an eye on him and/or suggest ideas for things to do or not do, possible allies, warning about enemies and pitfalls ... etc.
I don't think there were any remnants of Riardon's guild.  Last word, when he aproached one of the many thieves groups attempting to make their mark (in the void left by friendly guild's removal), he did not recieve a friendly reception.  The surviving thieves groups were mostly aligned with the Chained Wings, or directly connected to that group.  We may have to nurture a gang into prominence through the winter, providing we can find one that is receptive to our goals.

Gangs are:  Ally Runners, they tried to kill Riardon, Storm Hooligans, had no interest in dealing with Riardon, and the Lost Shadows had no interest in anything our rogue had to say.

Slavers hit all along inland sea, and no kingdom is safe.  My notes say that certain lords, other than Bercel, pay bounties for each slaver group stopped.  Good chance to fund our war on slavers that way.

NOTES***
Inn we stayed at was Cat and Badger, ran by half elf Denninel. Busted Bottle Inn was where Rodor's contact Rivan was. Was site of massacre attempting to frame us. Wizard's Peak has no outpost in The Freehold. Father Patreus was the warlock posing as Melwenite priest, real name is Lareg; he escaped Tazenite justice and fled city. Froghemoth resides in sewer system. Lukoff of Selna is the wizard (?) who helped us (Selna is extraplanar city that opens up in Bhel once a century or so). Local sailors are terrified of Lukoff. Lukoff's 2 story house tilts over cliff overlooking harbor. Tazenites have their home in The Freehold's colloseum. Tazenites refused to deal with slavers when we consulted them, but they wanted Lareg badly. During warehouse fight, Riardon had almost died. A mysterious benefactor slew his attacker and stabalized him; that mystery still remains. Papers that cleared our party indicted slavers and guards, which means we need to be suspicious of guards. Chained Wings pay homage to The Slave Lords, the puppetmasters we need to negate.