Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
February 6 game chat (aka frying pan/fire)
Exclamation 
... aka holy crap!, as in actual crap, because we are running for our lives in a sewer. Our Thieves' Guild contact is dead (and we're framed for the murder); the local Melwenite church has been subverted and is running a child-trafficking ring from its basement. (Did anyone see if they served pizza?) None of us know anybody in the city. Some of the guards are corrupted. The Thieves' Guild seems driven underground or expunged/killed. The Wizards' Peak Guild chantries are hidden or non-existent. It looks pretty grim for our heroes.

The question becomes, What are we going to do about it? We came here to stop the Chained Wings, and instead they seem to have stopped us. Various options and ideas are out there, including but not limited to:
  • Find shelter in an abandoned building in the city
  • Approach other organized crime syndicates in the city, and attempt to work with them or get their help
  • Leave the city and take up some other pursuit (Enkili's sword, owlbear blood, etc.)
  • Drink heavily and bemoan our current career choices

One thing that Leiya will do, once she can refresh her spells, is to cast Sending. This spell is basically telepathic Twitter. She can use it once or twice to reach out to allies. I'm thinking Welbourne Huxley; Riardon's Guild contact in Solare; Jolrael's Guild contacts; or similar. I think she will also want to Send to her clergy in the Melwenite temple in Solare. Another idea is our patroness, the Melwenite paladin who sponsored us in the ShieldMeet. I forget her name.

Casting Augury might be beneficial, too, so Leiya might opt to memorize that as well.

Also, speaking of spells: better late than never, I guess, but thanks to some Internet study ("downtime," in game terms, ha ha) I believe I finally understand how 5th ed. cleric spellcasting works! I'd been pretty lost in the weeds, till now. I've also read some guidance on the spells themselves. I believe I'll be better equipped to be of slightly more use to the party, or I hope so. To quote my Dad's old joke, "I may not be good, but at least I'm slow." Big Grin

What about leaving the city temporarily, to obtain help/allies? Maybe we could get help in this Chained Wings caper.

Note also: Leiya is furious, incensed, outraged about the Freehold church subversion. She may even start ... writing strongly worded letters to the editor, or something! No but srsly, that reveal is serious stuff. One day, that fake "priest" guy is going to regret his life decisions.

Also, twice in that session ignored my intuition and tendency to ask about every. tiniest. detail. and it bit our party in the butt, soooo ... I hope our DM will enjoy my renewed interest in Constant Questioning of Everything and I Mean Everything. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
February 6 game chat (aka frying pan/fire) - by Xura - 02-04-2022, 09:04 PM