Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Item Crafting Calculator
It's the NEW IMPROVED Magic Item Crafting Calculator!!!

This thread is for feedback and feature suggestions (within my humble coding ability)

In addition to its earlier features, the calculator now handles 0-level spell crafting, input validation, and keyboard accessibility.
Be sure to check it out and let me know what you think. Smile
Hmmm, I was trying to get a print out of a zero level Light spell and all I got was a screen shot of the calculator????  Kidding aside the calculator is awesome, I tried it with regular spells then with spells that have costly ingredients.  Perfectly accurate results were obtained.

I realized that I did not do a comprehensive test on Irik's new and improved Magic Item Crafting Calculator, the tests I had ran were upon scrolls alone.  I just took the time to familiarize myself with the crafting feats for potions and wands.  On pen and paper I ran through several levels of spells then checked the results against the calculator.  The calculator was faster every single time  Big Grin .  the calculations were perfect and even accounted for zero level spells.  However, there is one drawback, with wands and potions there is a level limit for the spells you can imbue an item with and the MICC could not differentiate those limitations.  Magic item crafters will still have to be familiar with their feats in order to use this program.
(01-29-2017, 09:35 AM)frenzied67 Wrote: .... However, there is one drawback, with wands and potions there is a level limit for the spells you can imbue an item with and the CIC could not differentiate those limitations.  Magic item crafters will still have to be familiar with their feats in order to use this program.

Indeed. Coincidentally enough, I have been tweaking the code during my downtime to add the level limits for potions and wands for v1.2. The next build or two will be primarily be code cleanup and tightening. I plan to eventually expand it to account for minimum class level, as well as crafting for non-wizard classes (e.g. sorcerers, clerics, etc.)

When it is said and done, I try to get a little more done between my other tasks and projects :/

Stay tuned.
(01-31-2017, 12:34 AM)Ravenblade Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 09:35 AM)frenzied67 Wrote: .... However, there is one drawback, with wands and potions there is a level limit for the spells you can imbue an item with and the CIC could not differentiate those limitations.  Magic item crafters will still have to be familiar with their feats in order to use this program.

Indeed. Coincidentally enough, I have been tweaking the code during my downtime to add the level limits for potions and wands for v1.2. The next build or two will be primarily be code cleanup and tightening. I plan to eventually expand it to account for minimum class level, as well as crafting for non-wizard classes (e.g. sorcerers, clerics, etc.)

When it is said and done, I try to get a little more done between my other tasks and projects :/

Stay tuned.

Please forgive my attempting to rename your invention, I've been referring to it as the CIC (Craft Item Calculator) while it's real name is MICC (Magic Item Crafting Calculator). Just goes to show that if the DM wants to slip you a MICC'y you had better drink it.
(02-02-2017, 01:56 PM)frenzied67 Wrote: Please forgive my attempting to rename your invention, I've been referring to it as the CIC (Craft Item Calculator) while it's real name is MICC (Magic Item Crafting Calculator).  Just goes to show that if the DM wants to slip you a MICC'y you had better drink it.

No worries, Roy. I will be releasing the next build before too long, although it will primarily consist of interface touch ups and removing redundant code. It really depends on how much downtime I have.