Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Storm on HMS Acacia
Lightbulb 
Hello all,

As noted at the ending of our last game session (November 4, 2018), a fierce storm is headed our way. I am trying not to meta-game, as my character doesn't have any ranks in seamanship or the like. However, she has a high intelligence, so I think it not-inappropriate to list out a few things here for the party's consideration.

* Kearse: I believe you have a Mending orison. Please keep that handy. Your ability to instantly mend a torn sailcloth, frayed rope, or bent plank, might save our lives!

* Ring of Energy Resistance (Electricity), Major: Who has this? Is anyone wearing it? If not, let's have somebody wear it -- Kearse, maybe? Thorfinn? the Captain? the Pilot? If it protects against electricity, that means somebody might stand a chance against a lightning-bolt strike.

* Speaking of resistance, Bahiyya is able to cast Resist Energy on anyone who may need it. The spell will grant DR/30 vs. a chosen energy type, for 130 minutes. She will gladly do this.

* In addition, Bahiyya can cast Animalistic Power (+2 Str, Con, Dex) upon someone if needed -- Thorfinn, captain, first mate, whoever.

* Symon: can your invocations -- namely Witchwood Step -- be invoked on/for others, or are they Self only? If they can apply to others, Witchwood Step would be a marvelous asset to anyone working on deck during the storm.

* Studded Leather +5 (Improved Balance): Is anybody wearing this right now? It grants a +10 competence bonus to Balance checks. Again, a great boon for anyone working on the deck. Does anyone want to wear it? If not, what about having one of the soldiers wear it? Oleg, for example? Or if the captain, pilot, or first mate are armored, maybe one of them could wear it? To be fair, you guys might not want to lend such armor to an NPC -- if something happens to the wearer and he is never seen again, the armor goes with him. But it's something to consider, maybe.

* Light: I don't know what time of day/night it is, but I assume that, regardless, it will be dark during the storm, with poor visibility. Furthermore, during a violent storm, normal flame-based light poses two problems: 1) being snuffed out and 2) causing fires. We have Everburning torches/lanterns, as well as (some of us) the ability to cast magical light. How about sharing some of those torches with the crew? And/or, those who can cast Light and Continual Flame spells, how about casting some in key areas of the deck, like on the steering wheel/helm, and/or right on the midmast or something? The idea is to provide safe, constant, non-flammable light for the crew.

* Kearse: You have several good Mass spells, such as Mass Aid, and Mass Conviction. You also have Divine Protection, and we have a Wand of Lesser Vigor too. Don't discount the great benefits of "smaller" spells like this. Boosting saving throws and temp. hit points of the crew could really help.

* Bahiyya can Dimension Hop to/from others, and also has the Regroup spell. E.g., if she suddenly saw a group of crew/friends being swept overboard or about to, she could cast Regroup to bring them back. She can also cast Stand, immediately setting a prone person on their feet. In addition, she can see invisible things (and magical things) if she casts spells for that. If the captain wishes her to go on deck and tie herself to a post or something and keep watch for these types of things, she will do so.

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming Storm on HMS Acacia - by Xura - 11-05-2018, 11:08 AM
RE: Upcoming Storm on HMS Acacia - by frenzied67 - 11-05-2018, 12:17 PM
RE: Upcoming Storm on HMS Acacia - by Xura - 11-05-2018, 12:58 PM
RE: Upcoming Storm on HMS Acacia - by frenzied67 - 11-05-2018, 05:54 PM
RE: Upcoming Storm on HMS Acacia - by Xura - 11-06-2018, 03:07 PM
RE: Upcoming Storm on HMS Acacia - by frenzied67 - 11-06-2018, 06:11 PM
RE: Upcoming Storm on HMS Acacia - by Xura - 11-07-2018, 08:44 PM