Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
February 6 game chat (aka frying pan/fire)
Well, Augury can be used when the party has decided a course(s) of action(s). Basically Augury is a way to politely ask the DM for a hint. Big Grin Worth trying, maybe, if we are curious about a specific person, plan, or location.

I've been thinking too about the slavers. They're slavers, so they're about money. Right? And it got me to thinking about how we might actually hurt them or throw wrenches into their plans.

For example, we blew up one of their ships, the Torrent. Why couldn't we blow up another?

Also, do they need materials? Personnel? What could we do to disrupt their supply lines?

Also: do they have allies? Enemies? Competitors? A llittle honey -- or poison -- poured into the right ears at the right time, could cause problems for the Wings.

They may be powerful but they're not invulnerable. And rumors spread even more quickly than the truth.

I have no plan yet, but can you see what I'm getting at?

P.S. Oops didn't see the edit till now. Good point about Enkili and food for thought.

Lady Adeline (paladin) is powerful but may or may not be able to help. I don't know how much she knows about modern Freehold. She came to mind as a friendly contact though.

Lord Cromleigh, whose daughter Leiya saved and who fronted money for us at ShieldMeet, may also be helpful. Perhaps he knows friendly nobles in Freehold who may aid us.

There's also some friendly folk from ShieldMeet including Vlocka the Vast, a wealthy and powerful Onostian merchant. Again, looking at the money/trade/transport factor here. People like him may be of great worth.

Regarding sleeping in streets and buildings, if we go that route, Riardon can surely help. Don't stay in same place longer than one or two nights; what to watch out for; etc.

I agree about the thieves' guild. Surely the late Rivan wasn't the only guild guy in Freehold and surely a city-state like Freehold has more than one crime outfit too. The truth thief is out there!

Messages In This Thread
RE: February 6 game chat (aka frying pan/fire) - by Xura - 02-04-2022, 09:43 PM