Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Halloween Game Ideas.
#1
October and Halloween are fast approaching. That means our annual one shot is on the schedule, but we have so many games to choose from. Call of Cthulu, Deadlands, Traveler to name but a few. Here is a thread for our group to list their preferrence. Go.

Reading John's ideas spurred the memory of something I've always wanted to do in a horror campaign. Using the private channel in Teamspeak (a lot), the characters all wake up alone, no memory of where they are or how they got there. Through exploration, the party comes together, except there are more characters than players. Who are the PC's? Who are the killers hiding in their midst? A game of complete isolation where you only interact through the GM.

If that proves too combersome then we can do a lot of other things other than that. I do have a hankering for more Deadlands, or a sci-fi horror, or more Call of Mr. C. John had a lot of good ideas.
Reply
#2
I have enjoyed the Deadlands campaign in the past and wouldn't mind revisiting that setting again.
I like Cyberpunk as well.
We've basically done the "Cabin in the woods"/"Haunted Mansion" tropes to death.
Although we've already done a space one, there are other Sci-Fi genres available.
I've always wanted to do a Transformers Horror campaign, and I have the books, I just need to get more comfortable with the ruleset to run my own game.
I know RC doesn't want to discuss it, but there is more to Ravenloft than just Straad von Zarovich. If I remember correctly there are many "Estates" or "Kingdoms" in that setting that are often ignored. Some even more horrid and creepy than a "Dracula knock-off" like SvZ. Lol
I like Roy's Superhero idea, though if it is something Tracy is not familiar with, perhaps we could explore something else.

Maybe something in WWI or WWII? Naval ship where we wake up and most of the crew is gone, or part of a scout team in the African theatre?
We could be a crew of a "Fast boat" in Vietnam and encounter a strange village or cave or something like that?

Post-apocalyptic Mad Max Halloween anybody?
A group of child labourors in the early industrial age (1920's) find a loose brick in the wall of the washroom, behind it there is some strange writing....
Pirate Ghost ship?
How about if we were all Romans during the ancient Empire days?
Or Vikings who encounter a fog that drives us off course into an unknown island?
Reply
#3
Quote:How about if we were all Romans during the ancient Empire days?

But what have the Romans ever done for us?? Tongue

I am fine with all of these ideas. Maybe a little bit less so for Transformers (about which I know almost nothing); and superhero stuff (which I know can have horror elements, but it's hard for my mind to combine the two).

I am always up for WWI and WWII scenarios (or other wars and historical settings). Deadlands is fine. Traveller is fine (and I think I still have my Traveller PHB). Call of Cthulhu is always fine. Pirates are fine.

Ravenloft stuff is fine too; as John says, there are a lot of options there.

I actually used to love the old World of Darkness system and kind of miss it (Vampire, Werewolf, Changeling, Mage, etc.).

... I guess I'm not much help here, LOL.

But I will support and join in with whatever scenario the group decides.

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places ... "
(The Picture in the House, by H.P. Lovecraft)
Reply
#4
(09-19-2026, 09:49 AM)Xura Wrote:
Quote:How about if we were all Romans during the ancient Empire days?

But what have the Romans ever done for us?? Tongue

I am fine with all of these ideas. Maybe a little bit less so for Transformers (about which I know almost nothing); and superhero stuff (which I know can have horror elements, but it's hard for my mind to combine the two).

I am always up for WWI and WWII scenarios (or other wars and historical settings). Deadlands is fine. Traveller is fine (and I think I still have my Traveller PHB). Call of Cthulhu is always fine. Pirates are fine.

Ravenloft stuff is fine too; as John says, there are a lot of options there.

I actually used to love the old World of Darkness system and kind of miss it (Vampire, Werewolf, Changeling, Mage, etc.).

... I guess I'm not much help here, LOL.

But I will support and join in with whatever scenario the group decides.

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places ... "
(The Picture in the House, by H.P. Lovecraft)

I too liked the World of Darkness series of games, though I never memorized the gaming system. I'm not sure if Irik likes Vampire the Masquerade though.

I can do a war themed game. Ran through a scenario against the Voles in france during The Great War (Call of Cthulu). Before Gamer's Dorkness Rising franchise, we all made 3 character sheets of the same character, and the five of us used all three of our characters and failed in the end. Great game.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)