Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions and Requests regarding 5E Character Creation.
(07-27-2020, 12:30 PM)Ravenblade Wrote: Historical accuracy has been an issue for D&D in all its versions, even when weapons experts are involved, so it's no surprise that it continues to plague D&D 5e.
I think it would be better to think of the listed weapons as categories instead of specific weapons.

I am unsure I understood what you were asking for, but the Shamshir would use the stats of a scimitar because its qualities are more in line with a scimitar than with a greatsword.

D&D has always underpowered and undervalued middle eastern style blades in their game statistics, despite the fact that they fare better in chopping/hacking competitions in real life.  I was just wanting a middle eastern style curved sword comparable to the greatsword.  Please just change Enkili's weapon to a greatsword, which is 50 gp instead of 60, 6# instead of 5#, 2d6 damage instead of 1d10, Heavy and Two Handed while lacking the 'Deadly' feature. I'll just lose the Mandagar flavor I wanted to hew true too. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions and Requests regarding 5E Character Creation. - by frenzied67 - 07-27-2020, 01:48 PM