Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
February 6 game chat (aka frying pan/fire)
Yes, our first course of action should be finding shelter, either with the sewer rats to keep us warm, or in a derelict building.
Your Sending spell to Wellbourne may illicit a list of friendly names of potential allies.
Even though Riardon has seen the "gang graffiti" indicating the Chained Wings have been ousted, I have a hard time seeing the native criminal underground actually being eradicated.  I think survivors could be found.

Augury
PHB
p215
2nd-level divination (ritual)
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Self
Components: V, S, M (specially marked sticks, bones, or similar tokens worth at least 25 gp)
Duration: Instantaneous
By casting gem-inlaid sticks, rolling dragon bones, laying out ornate cards, or employing some other divining tool, you receive an omen from an otherworldly entity about the results of a specific course of action that you plan to take within the next 30 minutes. The DM chooses from the following possible omens:

Weal, for good results
Woe, for bad results
Weal and woe, for both good and bad results
Nothing, for results that aren't especially good or bad
The spell doesn't take into account any possible circumstances that might change the outcome, such as the casting of additional spells or the loss or gain of a companion.

If you cast the spell two or more times before completing your next long rest, there is a cumulative 25 percent chance for each casting after the first that you get a random reading. The DM makes this roll in secret.

I assume you have questions to ask the bones/runes/cards for this spell to respond to.  Nice idea by the way.

I have a question for the DM, what is Makhim's stance on a person's selfish desire?  I think that Enkili's drive to find his sword, and his constant urging for the party to drop this Chained Wings quest and go may be at odds with how Makhim would expect Enkili to act.  That is a recipe for inner conflict for Enkili for sure I think.

Our best and only hope is to find allies, and Wellbourne may be able to advise us from afar on that, or Riardon could discover sign of the native thieves guild in hiding.  I don't know if Lady Adelein could direct us to any allies, but it may be worth a Sending spell. 
*Note:  We do not want to query Lady Alisande, she might want her improved Hubert back.

Enkili is not as invested in Melwen's/ Melosta's church as Leiya is. His idea for reveange against that putride priest is to publicly out him once we restore our party's good name. Let a mob take care of his ***. Ahem, sorry for the language Sister Leiya, no need for the +3 ruler of correction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: February 6 game chat (aka frying pan/fire) - by frenzied67 - 02-04-2022, 09:26 PM