Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create magical items
Ok everyone Symon has reached a level where he can create magical items and picked up the feat to craft wands. With that in mine, is there anything we are lacking? It's easier to create arcane wands but it's possible to do divine. I would suggest a wand of sleep for when Thorfinn fails his will save for getting out of a rage.
A sleep wand may be handy, a wand of Charm person could also work on Thorfinn as could a wand of Hold Person, suggestion, or any spell that influences emotions. Kearse would be willing to collaborate on some healing wands that others in the group could use in case he gets taken out in a fight. Kearse is going to make scrolls which may be cheaper to produce than a wand (money and exp wise), but only he would be able to access the magic on them. There are so many useful wands, I say if you fancy it then you aught to make it. On a side note, selling cheaply produced wands and scrolls could supplement the party's income, hint hint Smile
During the game today Irik suggested a wand of Calm Emotions. Kearse took that as his second level spell, so we can make scrolls and wands that employ that spell. We will tame that Frenzied Berserker one way or another! Smile
I've been looking forward to reaching this level specifically for this reason. Now there is no reason we can't have enough healing. It frees Kearse up to use his spells for a little more than healing. As long as we don't go overboard.

And while it can be used to supplement our income, keep in mind, Symon takes a hit to XP when he creates wands so it's best not to use it frivolously. Still creating 2 at our earliest convenience, some type of healing and something to help Thorfinn when he's out of control would be beneficial.

If anyone can think of any others that we need, we can create those up too.