Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character Introductions
Dear DM,
Grovelling player here.  I have been looking at Enkili's Heavy Armor Master feat and realizing how situational and how much incremental irrelevancy that feat has built in.  One, it only works against non magical weapon damage.  Many monsters don't use weapons (while many do, granted), but as we go up in levels, more and more weapons brought to bear against us will be magical in nature.  This feat will probably be mostly redundant by the time we reach 10th level.  I was wondering if I could switch this feat out for the Athlete feat.  This feat actually goes more along how I envisaged Enkili and not too much rewriting has to go into the character sheet.
Athlete Feat reads thus: I have undergone extensive physical training to gain the following benefits. 
*Increase my STRENGTH or Dexterity score by one, to a maximum of 20. 
*When I am prone, standing up only uses five feet of my movement.
*Climbing does not halve my speed.
*I can make a running long jump or running high jump after moving only 5 feet on foot, rather than 10 feet.

Enkili would, of course, choose to increase his strength which the former feat also increased by 1, so no change to that ability is necessary.  I feel Athlete will be relevant through out all this characters life, granting him a better command of the battle field and reflecting the training I claimed he underwent in his background tale.  I burn expensive incense to you, sacrifice fat calves in your name, and plead on my knees for your intercession for this feat change.  If you want, I will sacrifice a Dwarven bard to you to have this done....Wink

Messages In This Thread
Character Introductions - by Ravenblade - 07-12-2020, 09:11 PM
RE: Character Concepts and Creation - by frenzied67 - 07-22-2020, 08:04 PM
RE: Character Concepts and Creation - by Xura - 07-26-2020, 01:00 AM
RE: Character Concepts and Creation - by Xura - 07-26-2020, 11:46 AM