Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions and Requests regarding 5E Character Creation.
Being presumptive, but hoping that I am merely helpful, I thought I would start a thread if we have questions about character generation.

I chose the Soldier Background for my character, but in his genesis story I have made him an outcast from his city and its armies.  I was wondering if I can exchange the Military Rank feature for the bonus language of Elven, since the Armies of Al Madii consider Enkili a deserter?  If not I will rewrite the background story and correct the character sheet (I was meaning to ask you first, Irik, but allowed myself to get distracted).

Also, where game mechanics are concerned, will you allow our new characters the ability to swap out feats during level changes?  There is no mechanism for that in the rules as is?

When it comes to looting a fallen foe, which would be the most likely skill to be used, would it be Investigation (an intelligence based check) or Perception (a wisdom check)? Reading both descriptions indicate that either feature is used to "locate hidden objects". I may have to change my Alternate Human free skill to reflect the right skill set.

Messages In This Thread
Questions and Requests regarding 5E Character Creation. - by frenzied67 - 07-13-2020, 04:10 PM