Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feb. 18 discussion: Ollie Ollie Oxen Free
Shocked 
Phase 1: Liberate Slaves.

Phase 2: ???

Phase 3: Profit/death

The party has -- for now -- dispatched the orcs and other guardians of the slave pits. We're working on extracting the slaves in hopes of moving them out to freedom and safety. What we know so far:
  • There are at least two orc guards alive (they ran away)
  • There are whole orc tribes in these tunnels or this area, according to the orc that Blaylocke charmed
  • Evil Priestess is still alive and on the loose -- current whereabouts unknown
  • There are two routes out (not counting the sewers) -- the tunnel that the two orcs ran down; and the "back way" that the party came through

What shall we do? Which way shall we go? Will our heroes prevail against the forces of evil? Pitch your ideas and thoughts here.

(Next game session: Sunday, February 18, 2024, at 12:00 noon.)
(02-04-2024, 06:01 PM)Xura Wrote: Phase 1: Liberate Slaves.

Phase 2: ???

Phase 3: Profit/death

The party has -- for now -- dispatched the orcs and other guardians of the slave pits. We're working on extracting the slaves in hopes of moving them out to freedom and safety. What we know so far:
  • There are at least two orc guards alive (they ran away)
  • There are whole orc tribes in these tunnels or this area, according to the orc that Blaylocke charmed
  • Evil Priestess is still alive and on the loose -- current whereabouts unknown
  • There are two routes out (not counting the sewers) -- the tunnel that the two orcs ran down; and the "back way" that the party came through

What shall we do? Which way shall we go? Will our heroes prevail against the forces of evil? Pitch your ideas and thoughts here.

(Next game session: Sunday, February 18, 2024, at 12:00 noon.)

Don't forget that the Orcs have an alliance with the Aspis (bug men), the route behind us belongs to those great weevil tunnelers. For his part Enkili wants to(phase 1):
* Plant his deceptive letter on an Orc corpse.
*Haul prisoners out of the pens.
*see if the shackle chains can be sundered. If Enkili can help Riardon and Blaylocke separate the prisoners it will help overall.

Question- should we bring the Sewer Boss' corpse with us? Our benefactor may not be squemish about applying speak with dead/ resurrection and subsequent torture.

As far as escape routes (phase 2):
* We could follow the two Orcs into the west tunnel, or
* Go into the bug tunnels and retrace our route to the secret entrance, hoping the Aspis are not alert and swarming (good chances that is not happening). Or
* Break into the room the priestess fled into and see where she went.

My instinct and curiosity is to follow the (weevil) priestess, but Enkili thinks the best route is the one we already know. Back the way we came.

Phase 3) Get everyone to the ship!!!!
So,,,

I think that getting the prisoners out of here is the first priority. planting the letter should be easy as we have plenty of bodies to place the letter on.

We could follow the 2 orc guards, but we don't know where it leads.
Following our way back out takes us to the cemetery, but not sure where to go from there.
I think that following the priestess will lead us to another fight, one where we may not be able to protect the followers of Molora.

If we have a minute to rest, I can cast Augury as a ritual to determine the safest way out of here for all of us.

Casting Time:
1 minute
Range/Area:
Self
Components:
V, S, M(specially marked sticks, bones, or similar tokens worth at least 25 gp)
Duration:
Instantaneous
Source:
PHB, pg. 215
By casting gem-inlaid sticks, rolling dragon bones, laying out ornate cards, or employing some other divining tool, you receive an omen from an otherworldly entity about the results of a specific course of action that you plan to take within the next 30 minutes. The DM chooses from the following possible omens:

Weal, for good results
Woe, for bad results
Weal and woe, for both good and bad results
Nothing, for results that aren't especially good or bad

The spell doesn't take into account any possible circumstances that might change the outcome, such as the casting of additional spells or the loss or gain of a companion.

If you cast the spell two or more times before completing your next long rest, there is a cumulative 25 percent chance for each casting after the first that you get a random reading. The DM makes this roll in secret.

Thoughts?
(02-17-2024, 10:03 PM)Ghosttusk Wrote: So,,,

I think that getting the prisoners out of here is the first priority. planting the letter should be easy as we have plenty of bodies to place the letter on.

We could follow the 2 orc guards, but we don't know where it leads.
Following our way back out takes us to the cemetery, but not sure where to go from there.
I think that following the priestess will lead us to another fight, one where we may not be able to protect the followers of Molora.

If we have a minute to rest, I can cast Augury as a ritual to determine the safest way out of here for all of us.

Casting Time:
1 minute
Range/Area:
Self
Components:
V, S, M(specially marked sticks, bones, or similar tokens worth at least 25 gp)
Duration:
Instantaneous
Source:
PHB, pg. 215
By casting gem-inlaid sticks, rolling dragon bones, laying out ornate cards, or employing some other divining tool, you receive an omen from an otherworldly entity about the results of a specific course of action that you plan to take within the next 30 minutes. The DM chooses from the following possible omens:

Weal, for good results
Woe, for bad results
Weal and woe, for both good and bad results
Nothing, for results that aren't especially good or bad

The spell doesn't take into account any possible circumstances that might change the outcome, such as the casting of additional spells or the loss or gain of a companion.

If you cast the spell two or more times before completing your next long rest, there is a cumulative 25 percent chance for each casting after the first that you get a random reading. The DM makes this roll in secret.

Thoughts?

Brilliant, I like that course of action!
Some additional information: There are 19 surviving prisoners (slaves), none familiar to the party.